2 main opportunities bring me to Sofia last week : MI Forum and the sooner launch of E-Academy
For the second in few days will be more information. I want to talk about the first.
“Many years ago there was an American Tobacco brand having 31 th place in sales. Moreover, it was perceived as a women dedicated brand … I said, ok, we can do it, just send a photographer there and put him shoot anything but cow and women, just man and horses and beautiful landscapes … two months after we made the proposal to the client which accepted … after 1 year and 80 mil USD spend in advertising , the brand was still in the 31-th sales place and a women brand …”
“Nowadays the brand is first brand smoked by men, by women, by sales, by everything … the name os the brand is Marlboro … the key was commitment to something you go for … they kept running the idea ” – J.C. Levinson
The other speakers were Sarah Hashemi and Peter Draper (Google’s speaker was bleah!). Very nice stories, very high vision. Top speakers meant to motivate you. Sarah made a business she sold 50 mil pounds and Peter was in charge when Manchester became the richest club in the world.
About Sofia …
1. Very good food (Check Happy Bar and Grill)
2. People do not talk on the mobile phones so much
3. During the day not much population on street (they are at work)
4. Few cars, a lot of taxis
5. Good prices in general
6. Very clean in the city
7. Close to airport, any moment is an aircraft up to you
8. It’s 10h distance from Bucharest with the train
9. Zagorka and Kaminica beers are very good
10. Vitosha mountains beside Sofia provide a great view