Romania : We have an Internet penetration of 22% at the end of 2007, and 17% was Broadband.
Today i saw the number of active population in Romania – 9 690 000, 75% of them living in cities.
I don’t count older people because they are not Internet users (there are some but very few to count, in 10 years they will count, because will be the actual working people).
There are a lot of kids/teenagers going on Internet (i can risk everybody in urban medium after 10), let’s say another 2 millions
Total : 9-10 million potential Internet users in Romania in 5 years. Now we are over 5 millions. The number will be doubled and will represent heavy-Internet users.
Welcome 2008 , the road to winning the Million Users (and Euro too) … So :
– is good to invest in Internet business in 2008 (although the prices are getting higher)
– is good to consolidate the Internet business you have and be careful what niche you will fight for
– is mandatory to take care of your users because will start a big fight for them
– the price paid for every user will rise (at European levels) so plan correctly your business
– foreign investors in Internet will came massive this year in Romania (I already talked with 4 foreign funds)
– and of course will be the “Year of the Kula” and of Content++ , the two new products we are investing in.